JanNoWriMo

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2014, 11:17:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Word Count Tickers  (Read 1711 times)
eiie
Prodigious Producer

« on: December 26, 2009, 11:41:11 PM »

I've found the best way to get a word count ticker is to click on someone's that you like and let the link take you to the ticker's website.  Once there, set up a ticker for yourself.

The one in my signature is from the TickerFactory.com -- there's a lot of ticker options for pregnancy and weight loss, but if you look around near the bottom you'll see a "counting" one that lets you determine what object you'd like to count (I always tell it to count "words) and then you get to pick out the images like the background and stuff.  Choose the BB code option and then copy and paste it into your profile's signature on this site.

Another option (plainer but still functional) is from Language Is A Virus -- http://www.languageisavirus.com/nanowrimo/word-meter.html -- they have a NaNo word count meter but unfortunately it gives you code in HTML not the BB-whatever that you need for this site.  But you can still use this ticker on your blog, etc.

Anyone found any other good options?

"If the doctor told me I had six minutes to live, I wouldn't complain, I'd type a little faster." -- Isaac Asimov

WriMo's Won: NaNo'09, JanNo'08
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: